Fully trained multi-skilled journalist, who loves working in the digital age. Confident and competent in producing high quality content across a spectrum of multi-media platforms.
Strong experience in media software: Fully computer literate, also very comfortable using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, In-Design, Photoshop and Windows Movie Marker.
Production: Very fast and effective radio producer. While at LGR, one of my key roles was to re-brand the station, giving it a younger and fresher image in order to appeal to a new market. This was partially done by taking over the production of station adverts, promos & jingles.
Bilingual: Read, write and speak fluent Greek
Writing Skills: Good knowledge of CMS, fully proficient with WordPress sites and understand SEO. Current editor of the London Greek Radio website and freelance writer for various publications including Elite Daily.
Social Media: Always up to date with the latest technologies & trends. Manage the LGR social media pages; Twitter has had a 950% increase in followers and Facebook likes and interactions have had a 100% increase in the last 3 years.
Media Knowledge: As part of my Masters, I was fully trained in short-hand, media law, broadcasting regulations and using the Burli newsroom system.
Elite Daily (January 2015 – Current)
- Elite is by Gen-Y, for Gen-Y with over 50M unique visitors per month
- Propose original title ideas
- Create multiple articles for the Elite Daily website
- Upload articles to the Elite Daily website
Xclusivetouch (October 2013 – August 2014)
- Managed the blogging section of the website
- Managed contributors & edited their articles
- Developed original title ideas
- Promoted the blogs via all social media platforms
- Produced content which went viral.
Close Up Magazine (June – October 2013)
- Travel and Holiday features writer
Digital Content Assistant
Crackers Radio (February – October 2013)
- Assisted George Power in the re-launch of the ‘Soul Crackers’ brand & the launch of Crackers Radio.
- Prepared content for multiple platforms; launched the social media pages and all website updates.
- Commercial writing and production
Event Organiser & Social Media Editor
LGR Club Nights (2012 April – Current)
- Created the LGR Club Nights Brand
- Organise and host events throughout London.
- Promote events via the radio station and through social media
- Events involve: DJ/ Artist bookings, poster design, writing press releases, celebrity interviews & event marketing/ promotion.
Digital Content Editor, Social Media Editor, Features Writer, Presenter & VO Artist
London Greek Radio (2011, January – Current)
- Radio presenter, voiceover artist and assistant producer.
- Manage digital content updates; also write various news, entertainment and music articles.
- Commercial writing, voice recording and commercial editing.
- Re-producing many of the station’s existing jingles & shows in order to re-brand the station
- Run all social media pages, created a youtube channel for the station, also oversaw the launch of our first mobile phone app.
- Video editing: create promotional videos of events.
- Worked alongside our design agency in re-creating the entire website as part of the station re-branding.
Remedy Productions (2011, September – October)
- Acted as runner
- Assisted on various TV shoots
- Wrote scripts for the MTV countdown charts.
- My knowledge of music was also crucial in time spent working on the chart shows.
- I had the opportunity to observe how many of the shows are edited together.
Presenter & Event Organiser
Hellenic TV (2011, Jan- October)
- Hosted a talent contest which I co-presented on Friday evenings.
- I created the magazine for this event
- Wrote the scripts, found sponsors and co-hosted the show
- Played a key role in the organisation (artist booking, setting up equipment, promoting etc)
Breakfast Production Assistant
Smooth FM: (2010, 1st September – 1st October) (1st November – 1st December) (2011, 7th March – 28th March)
- Spent early mornings before my Masters classes, assisting with the breakfast show production.
- Edited various clips on Adobe Audition for the show
- Researched interesting storylines which could be used in the breakfast show.
- Prepared and took charge of all morning competitions
- Utilised my productions skills and learnt about working towards very tight deadlines.
- Edited sound bites from TV shows which aired the night before for live air play.
Saturday Telegraph Magazine Assistant
Daily Telegraph (2009, July)
- One-month assisting with the day-to-day running of the Saturday Telegraph Magazine
- Doing research, transcriptions, picture research, organising and filing
Charity Fund Raiser
Heart FM (2011, March)
- Helped out with the Have a Heart Appeal.
- Received bids to raise money for Children’s Hospice UK and helped surpass all targets.
Hospital Radio, Volunteer
UCLH Radio (2010, September- Sept 2011)
- Volunteered for hospital radio station called City-Beats.
- Visited the wards, interacted with patients, talked to them and helped lift their spirits.
- Collected song requests from patients I visited.
- Co-hosted a 3-hour show based on the collected requests
Student related experience:
CSR FM: (2009 November- 2010 June)
Volunteered for CSRfm, Canterbury’s main radio station where I presented and produced three shows a week. Interviewed various bands, and self-taught myself to use the studio and all the equipment.
INQUIRE NEWSPAPER: (2009 September- 2010 June)
Volunteering for Inquire and Inquire live, writing weekly pieces for the newspaper and website on a diverse range of topics.
- Masters in Broadcast Journalism: BJTC accredited course at the University of Westminster (a skill set media academy). – result: Merit
- Undergrad degree in English Language with English and American Literature, at the University of Kent, Canterbury. – result: 2.1
Highlands Sixth Form, certificate awarded in:
Taken As An Optional Extra
- Modern Greek: A
Languages: English – Fluent | Greek – Fluent | French – Moderate